Laminate flooring is very durable, and can last for years to come. It’s an excellent option for any room, and is extremely customizable in design. For this reason, it’s a very popular choice for a kitchen and bathroom flooring material. When it comes time to clean, though, how are you supposed to care for laminate flooring in the proper fashion? Read on for some advice, and make sure you aren’t acting wrongly when you clean your laminate.
Here’s what you should be doing when you are caring for your laminate flooring:
- Clean up liquid as soon as it hits the floor; it could stain, otherwise.
- Every now and then, use floor cleaner specifically meant for laminate flooring to do a quick tidying job.
- Sweep and vacuum regularly to make sure no dust or debris will scratch the finish.
- Use acetone or nail polish removal to attack particularly hard stains, and gently wipe the residue away with a wet cloth.
- Place mats by doors and entryways to prevent dirt from scratching the laminate in these areas.
- Maintain a normal level of humidity, between 30-60%, year-round in order to keep your laminate from warping or bubbling.
- Humidify the room during colder months, and dehumidify the room during warmer months.
Now, for actions you should never take when caring for your laminate flooring:
- Never use wet mops on laminate–it could permanently damage or warp the material, due to the moisture. Avoid getting your laminate wet at all costs.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning supplies, such as steel wool.
- A buffer tool will remove the finish and damage the laminate, so don’t give into temptation.
- Avoid sliding heavy furniture across the floor, as it can easily scratch the laminate.
- Be sure you don’t track too much water onto the laminate if it’s raining outside.
- Don’t allow humidity to set in and warp the material.
Laminate flooring is a great option, and is very easy to clean. It takes little maintenance, as well, once you’ve gotten the hang of it! It’s the perfect choice for those who are looking to have a sophisticated but less expensive flooring material. If you think laminate flooring would be the option for you, call Cypress Construction.
Cypress Construction is ready to give you the kitchen of your dreams!
Cypress Construction is a one-stop remodeling shop for homeowners throughout the DC metropolitan area. Our core values are top-notch cleanliness, honesty, professionalism, and teamwork, and they keep all of our project finishing on time. We are dedicated to keeping all of our customers happy and satisfied with their final product. For more information on getting your kitchen or bathroom remodeled, give us a call at 410-517-9345 or visit us online. For more interesting articles and tips, follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.